Sunday, December 1, 2013

Health and Fitness

Juicing My Diet
So 2013 is quickly coming to an end! I have a goal to lose at least thirty pounds before I walk across stage and truly complete my journey back to school! So I promised myself that I wouldn't wait to make it New Year's resolution, instead I am starting on my journey today! I started off in the beginning of my weigh-loss journey at 187 pounds. So let me first give you guys the history behind the extra pounds!
 So of course I started back at school in 2008 and enrolled into the evening and weekend program at a local  university. My weight at that time was 144 pounds! So with such a busy lifestyle of working three jobs, going to school, being a mother and keeping up with my motherly duties, study late night for exams and doing homework I began to put on the pounds!

I contribute my horrible diet and the fact that I skipped meals all day only to make up for them really late at night and getting straight into my bed. I mean I would eat anything that was quick and easy to make ( junk food). So it didn't help that I immediately went to sleep with no physical activity to burn off all of those calories!

 So here I stand today, I've lost a total of 15 pounds so far and I am still working towards my goal of thirty-five pounds lost. I have decided to add juicing to my healthy routine to help give me an extra health boost. I made my first "green" juice today and it was yummy, although I didn't care for the bitterness of the lemon I used. I actually documented my first juicing experience on camera, so if you guys would like to see it check it out on my YouTube channel at :



So below are the ingredients of my very first juice recipe:

Beginners Green Juice

3 Medium Sized Apples 

5 Stalks of Celery 

1 Whole Lemon ( including rind) 

1 Large Orange (peeled)

8 Handfuls of Spinach (200g)

Below are some pictures of my first juicing experience. It was lots of fun and I determined to do this for 21 to 30 days. I will be substituting breakfast, snack and dinner for juice and eating one complete meal for lunch.











No comments:

Post a Comment